Terms & Conditions
This document describes the terms on which Clear Mountain would be happy to help you.
Advice is given in good faith and it is always your decision to accept guidance on whether or not to keep particular possessions. Clear Mountain can’t therefore accept responsibility for the consequences of such decisions. From time to time, I may handle items, which have a potentially high market value. While I will always use my best endeavours to identify such items amongst your possessions, you acknowledge that I am not a valuer, nor do I have expertise to identify items of special value or rarity, nor am I qualified to advise on valuation matters for insurance purposes.
When I handle goods belonging to customers I take great care to look after them. Unfortunately, accidents may occur. I shall not be liable for losses or damage, howsoever caused, and rely on you to carry insurance at all times which adequately compensates you for losses or damage howsoever caused by me in my capacity as your agent.
Removal of items;
Items to be removed from your premises, either for disposal or to other locations, must be at your own discretion. Disposal will not take place without your authorisation. By signing this contract you are giving authorisation to remove the items to recycling etc.
Limits of work;
I will do all I can to help you achieve the state of organisation and tidiness you desire. I am very happy to help you with light vacuuming as appropriate! I’m also happy to help you relocate items to more appropriate physical locations. However, we may well need to move heavy items during our work, and I prefer not to attempt any seriously heavy moving (e.g. a refrigerator) for the sake of my own physical health. However I can arrange for any movement of heavy items etc through my colleagues Removal Service ( at cost to client)
Hours of work;
You will be charged for hours actually worked. Whilst a booking will generally be made for a pre-agreed period of time, it’s understood that it is not always possible to anticipate exactly how long will be needed. A day’s booking, which turns out to involve five hours’ work, will therefore be charged for five hours and not seven!
Breaks and refreshments;
If a session covers lunchtime, We will need to break for lunch and occasionally for a few minutes – I’m happy to pause every two hours or so, but if you wish to stop more often (decluttering is physically and emotionally demanding) I am fine with that.
Both you and I have the right to cancel the contract due to unforeseen circumstances. Travel charges or further expenses paid in advance for which I cannot obtain refunds are not refundable in any circumstances, and will be invoiced to you at the time of cancellation.
Confidentiality and Privacy;
Clear Mountain is a professional service. I never divulge client information to third parties, nor any personal or business details that I may see in the course of my work (which, when decluttering, is generally unavoidable). For personal safety, the client’s name and address may be made available to a family member of any Clear Mountain representative whilst onsite at the client."
2018 Data Protection Regulations:
Clear Mountain will not share your information with a third party and Clear Mountain requires your consent to store your information securely for up to one year. If you would prefer to opt out of this please advise us and we will securely delete your information from our records immediately after our sessions are completed.
Clear Mountain offers health, fitness and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
• Due to the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that the British Government recommended practicing social distancing.
• I acknowledge that Clear Mountain has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
• I further acknowledge that Clear Mountain can not guarantee that I will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19. So I am putting strict hygiene measures into practice.
• 1. Protective Clothing worn during sessions
• 2. Strict cleansing of all equipment will take place before and after sessions
• I attest that:
• I Elaine McKinlay am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
• I have not travelled internationally within the last 14 days.
• I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/ COVID-19.
• I am following all British Governments recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
• By signing this waiver you are agreeing to release Clear Mountain of all responsibility if you should contract Covid-19 after any sessions we have been involved in.
1. Charges for services will be levied per day. An invoice will be issued on completion and will be payable in full within 3 working days. All payments should be made payable to Elaine McKinlay.
2. Payment can also be made by BACS using the bank details shown on the invoice.
3. Payment will also be accepted in cash or by mobile card machine. ( please note: there is an extra charge @ 1.79% for using the mobile card method of payment.)
4. Travel charges are at 45p per mile.
5. All charges shall be payable on invoice, as set down in item (1) above. Interest at 2% per month will be charged on any balance due which remains unpaid 14 days after invoice. Please indicate your acceptance of these terms by signing this letter and providing me with a copy when I arrive to begin working with you.
Elaine McKinlay - Last Updated 30/06/2020